Sunday, November 18, 2012

I'M MOVING!

Hey guys!
I know it's been a while since I last posted, but I'm back again! And here's a recap of what's been happening since then (yes, it's the same event I've been hinting at):
I'M MOVING! (in case you missed the title :P)

I received a scholarship to Singapore in May, and this whole week has been one of preparing, saying goodbye, and settling down in the dorm. Not to mention that there was something wrong with my laptop and I couldn't connect to the Internet (I'm actually using my friend's laptop right now). As a result, I haven't been able to post much, and there'll only be a few small posts for 2 weeks, but I'll be back in December at full steam! (I hope my computer has been fixed by then.)

Anyway, here's what I brought to my new place (in terms of books, of course):


Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary and Oxford Collocations Dictionary and Oxford Learner's Thesaurus - All for my studying, of course!
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - In preparation for the Baz Luhrmann film :)
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin - I couldn't finish this at home, so I just have to bring it with me.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - I think I missed a few things the first time, so I'm waiting for a reread!
The Science of Harry Potter: How Magic Really Works by Roger Highfield - This one is in my mother tongue, and a gift of a friend.
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams - Borrowed from a friend. It contains all 5 books by Douglas Adams!
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling - Another gift, and one I can't wait to start reading!

You can also see a copy of The Interpretation of Dreams by Sigmund Freud - I've always wanted to read it, and I'm so glad I could borrow it from my seniors :)

There are only a few because I had to save space for other things, and I'm going home for Christmas. But I'm pretty sure this will double by the end of the year - it's definitely going to be easier to find books in Singapore than in my country!


I'll start posting regularly again when my laptop get fixed, and at most the start of December! Until then, best wishes and thank you for bearing with me :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I wish you tons of luck at your new place and lots of luck at school!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vonnie! I really appreciate that :)

      Delete

I love comments! Although sometimes I can't reply to all of them, but I do read (and appreciate) each and every one :)